The calendar on the News Page is less than half of what I’m up to! Shows, both virtual and hybrid, haunted house action, magic, production! Through all this, it’s important sometimes to step back and check in with our priorities and guiding principles. And inasmuch as we sometimes find ourselves in a leadership position, this is an important reminder.
“Leaders” can be defined fairly broadly, and includes teachers, producers, community organizers, anyone with a team: more of you than you think!
(13 Inspiring Traits of Exceptional Leaders
1. They trust you to do the job you’ve been hired to do.
2. They seek your advice and input.
3. They find opportunities to let you shine.
4. They recognize your contributions.
5. They have your back during tough times.
6. They are master storytellers.
7. They challenge you to do bigger and better things.
8. They express appreciation.
9. They are responsive.
10. They know when to apologize.
11. They give credit where credit is due.
12. They treat others with dignity and respect.
13. They care.